Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh the Issues of the World... Which one to pick to write on?

Well, the Issues Paper is here. And we have to come up with 3 Issues.... but I'm pretty set on writing on this topic. I was part of the fight to preserve traditional marriage in California during the Proposition 8 campaign, investing time, money, and effort into the campaign. My dad was a Judge very involved in the legal system and offered much legal advice. I know a lot about this topic and can't wait to find out more about it and show everyone that this issue that started in California is not just a Californian issue, but a national issue. So, here is my topic!

1) Proposition 8 in California: The Truth is, this fight is not over! The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on February 7th, 2012 just upheld the overturn on the people's decision to keep traditional marriage as the only legal marriage in California. We now have to take the fight to the Supreme Court!
-Research Questions: Why is the fight to uphold traditional marriage not over? What are the effects of gay marriage in California and why are we as members of the Church so against it?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is good that you are addressing this topic. We had a similar proposition in AZ at the same time as Prop 8 so I know how it is. Even though we are at BYU, I think you are brave for tackling this issue.

    ReplyDelete