Wednesday, February 1, 2012

OpEd Process.... Was it Worth it?

These past few weeks of Wring 150 we have been able to write our own Opinion Editorial. We started with a blank sheet of paper, willing ideas to come to us. We transferred these ideas to our Blogs-which for many of us was a new experience to be Blogging! From these ideas we started our papers. My paper formed from the idea that I want all BYU students to appreciate and enjoy In-N-Out burgers as much as I do. This idea gave rise to a 900 word Opinion Editorial that worked on persuading all my readers that In-N-Out has the freshest ingredients, a strong work ethic, and is cheaper than other competition gourmet burger places!

 Particularly helpful throughout this process was the step-by-step process by which we had to go about writing our paper. We were required to have multiple drafts, which helped me keep going back to my paper and continuing to make it even better. Another aspect of the process that I particularly liked was the Peer Edit. This helped me to really see how my persuasive powers worked in my writing. I was able to make people who read it.... HUNGRY! That was one of my goals. I made them crave In-N-Out. But the Peer Edit helped me realize some minor mistakes and helped me make my paper just how I wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment