Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rhetorical Analysis: 3 Possible Blogs to Analyze


Well, I went straight to the New York Times Blog Directory. Here, there are over 20 blogs in all sorts of areas. Browsing through these, I saw immediately the topics that I might want to cover. I saw Media Coder, which is a blog that posts about movies, books, and other media sources. The next blog I went to was called Straight Sets, a blog focusing completely on tennis, which is my favorite sport to both play and watch. GO JOHN ISNER! Then, the last blog I looked at was by Mark Bittman-and is all about Food. My favorite thing on Earth. So searching these blogs I have found these 3 posts to possible analyze-Tell me what you think!

1) http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/ Media Coder: Barnes and Noble Won't Sell Books from Amazon Publishing. This is all about Amazon's recent publishing efforts on their own publishing, very much against Barnes and Noble's will.


2) http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/djokovic-vs-nadal-breaking-it-down-2/#more-27043 Straight Sets: Djokovic vs. Nadal; Breaking it Down.  An epic description of an epic Australian Open Mens Finals Match between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Amazing.


3) http://bittman.blogs.nytimes.com/ Mark Bittmans Blog on Food and the Politics of It: Wait. So People are Cooking? This awesome blog post is all about refuting the thought that low to middle income families are not actually cooking, but rather spending money on fast food. Mark Bittman provides evidence that this is false, and that more people are cooking than experts thought.


So, these are the blogs that I'm thinking of analyzing. All 3 are awesome subjects that I would love to write about- So let me hear your opinions on which one I should do!

3 comments:

  1. I love you second topic!!! In my family, Djokovic vs. Nadal is basically as big as the BYU vs. Utah rivalry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the third one as it is a dis to the man haha... yeah tennis is cool too, but look up cassara v aspromonte and get some real culture to your sports. and no, i won't tell you what sport that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sports rhetoric would be interesting to analyze, and the third food piece sounds interesting as well. The first link didn't direct me to the post you were referring to...but either of the second two sound great!

    ReplyDelete