Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Hunger Games: Movie as Good as the Book?

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is a New York Times Bestseller that has swept the nation in its emotional pull, gripping action, and stunning story. Katniss, the new girl superhero for all ages, has grabbed the nation's attention and had everyone just waiting to hear the rest of her story. So, this amazing story is being turned into a movie? How good can this be? Well, from the official video trailer, the song "Safe and Sound" released as the theme of the movie by international pop-country star Taylor Swift, and reading reviews of the actors online, the movie looks like it will be almost as good as the book.

Here is the official video trailer for "The Hunger Games". I can't wait! Take a peek with me at the movie. 
Can't wait to go see it! Enjoy the trailer. And may the odds be ever in your favor!


10 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good man. I'm so pumped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought that it was funny you categorized Taylor Swift as a pop-country singer, I could never claim her to be a country singer. The movie seems to have a very intriguing story line… I have never read the book, but it looks like it might be worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed--hopefully this will be on the better side of adaptation. Also, while Taylor Swift is well and good, the group she collaborates with on the single (The Civil Wars) is awesome. Everyone should be checking their stuff out RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely a Taylor Swift fan but The Civil Wars are great too! I can't wait to get the soundtrack of the movie! Actually , I take that back, I just can't wait for the movie period.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited for the movie, we all know it won't be as good as the book but I think it will come extremely close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owen, read them! Seriously though, I have read them all at least 5 times and I'm reading them again right now. Yeah, I know, nerdy right? But, I'm okay with it because they are my favorite. I want to be in the movie I love them so much. Alright, we shouldn't have started talking about this because I am getting way to obsessive and excited. Only 53 days and 15 minutes left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Chris! Civil Wars are amazing and definitely help make that song. Also, the movie will hopefully come close to the books. I'm pretty much praying. And Mckenna! I can totally see you in the movies. And thats not obsessive at all... Mainly because I was counting down as well. Obsessive together? Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this movie to come out either! It's definitely my favorite series, and it looks like the movie will do it justice! Plus, Taylor Swift is favorite singer and "Safe and Sound" is currently my favorite song! I even got the sheet music for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CRAP. Im so freaking excited for the movie! I can hardly wait:) Midnight Premier. Ew, its gonna be a dag good night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely cannot wait to see this! Midnight Premier, going to be there for sure!

    ReplyDelete